“I’m addicted to you. Don’t you know that you’re toxic?” ~ Britney Spears
First of all, don’t judge me… There aren’t many funny quotes about toxins out there (perhaps I should write some?). Secondly, I’m proud to say I am addicted to Shaklee. I’d love to see everyone rid their cabinets of all the harmful chemicals and join me in my addiction!
So, I’m finally posting my second set of 30 favorite uses for Shaklee’s Get Clean line (See Part 1 here). Without further adieu…
31. Shampoo Additive – Add 1 drop of Basic H to your shampoo bottle and you will notice more lather (thanks to those surfactants) and cleaner hair.
32. Dishwasher Rinse Aid – in a 4 oz bottle, add ¾ water & 1/4 Basic H and add to rinse aid dispenser. Works better and is cheaper than Jet Dry.
33. General Spot Remover – Apply Basic H directly to spotted area. Use a toothbrush or finger to rub into area. Wipe off with a damp cloth or rinse in basin of water. (Removes coffee, ink, grass, etc.)
34. Grass and Other Stubborn Stain Removal – Wet fabric. Rub Basic H and a sprinkle of Nature Bright on stain. Soak in small amount of water for a day.
35. Clothing Stain Pre-Spotter – Mix ¾ t. Nature Bright and ½ t. Basic H with hot tap water in a 16oz. spray bottle. Spray on stain and wash whenever!
36. Delicate Washables – Mix 1/2 T Basic H to a gallon of water. Basic H is effective, yet mild enough to clean the most delicate fabrics, including woolens, silks and synthetics. Panty-hose and nylons stay soft and pliable.
37. Clothes Dryer – Place 25 drops Basic H into a 16 oz. spray bottle and spray inside of dryer. Reduces static and softens clothes.
38. Burns – Apply Basic H to stove or oven-type burns or sunburn, full-strength, for immediate relief.
39. Contacts – 1 to 2 drops Basic H in 1/2 cup water to soak contact lenses. Rinse well to remove all traces of solution.
40. Wallpaper Removal – Use 1 T Basic H in a pail of hot water to remove wallpaper from your walls.
41. Knives – Add 1 or 2 drops Basic H to cutting stone for sharpening knives.
42. Silver Polish – Rub Basic H on the silver with a cloth; rinse.
43. Jewelry cleaner – Mix 1/2 tsp Basic H with 1/2 cup water and let sit. Rinse & dry.
44. Concrete & Mortar Mix – 1/4 oz Basic H per 1 gallon of water. Makes cement & mortar spread easier & smoother, set harder.
45. Plumbing – Basic H will keep pipes clean & free-running when used regularly to wash hands, pots & pans at sinks. It emulsifies grease & can eliminate cleaning of grease traps.
46. Fire Extinguisher – 1 T. Basic H to 1 pint spray bottle; put water in first then add the H to prevent suds. Very effective on grease fires.
47. Pesticide – Use Basic H Window bottle and spritz your plants as part of your regular routine. Not only will the bugs stay away but you might also find that your plants become bigger and healthier, as well.
48. Weed Killer – Mix 1 gallon Water, 1 t. Basic H, & ½ cup white vinegar. Makes the best weed killer, and it is safe.
49. Rust – Use full-strength Basic H as rust inhibitor for rusty nuts and bolts. Also use one T. to radiator full of water or anti-freeze to help prevent rust. Scour Off works great for rust, as well.
50. Battery Terminals – Add ½ t. Basic H to pint of water and spray on battery terminals. Let soak for 2 minutes. Clean with wire brush.
51. Paint Brushes – Work full strength Basic H into brushes and wash under the tap.
52. Protect Hands – Apply Basic H to hands full strength for lasting protection as an industrial skin guard. Great as an “invisible glove” before painting.
53. Outside Windows and Screens – Spray mixture of 1 t. Basic H to 2 gallons of water.
54. Green Lawns – Use 1 T. Basic H to “orthotype” bottle applicator full of water. This should let 2 gallons of water through applicator to spray on lawn.
55. Golf Clubs – Add 1 t. Basic H to a 4-ounce spray bottle. Spray solution on clubs and brush off dirt. Also excellent for cleaning golf gloves.
56. Floors – Safe for wood floors, too! Use 1 T. Basic H per gallon of water. Leaves floor shining. May require rinsing.
55. Crayon – Use Basic H full strength to remove stubborn marks from your walls.
57. Shoes – Put 2 drops Basic H on a clean cloth to clean shoes. Will not ruin finish. Shine with a dry cloth.
58. Ironing – 1 drop Basic H in steam iron keeps the jets & interior clean.
59. Toothpaste – Add a drop or two of Basic H to your toothbrush, right on top of your normal dab of toothpaste. Watch as your teeth become whiter and your gums healthier. Your breath may even stay fresh longer, as Basic H fights germs.
60. Gum – Use Basic H full strength to remove gum from skin, hair, carpeting, etc.
There you have it, folks. 60 excellent reasons to try Shaklee’s Get Clean line. If you’re still not sold, please email me and tell me why!